Ghosts of Christmas
Scrooge was dead: to begin with. There is no doubt whatever about that. The register of his burial was signed by the clergyman, the clerk, the undertaker, and the chief mourner. Bob Cratchet signed it. And Scrooge’s name was good upon ‘Change, for anything he chose to put his hand to. Old Scrooge was as …
Mind! I don’t mean to say that I know, of my own knowledge, what there is particularly dead about a door-nail. I might have been inclined, myself, to regard a coffin-nail as the deadest piece of ironmongery in the trade. But the wisdom of our ancestors is in the simile; and my unhallowed hands shall not disturb it, or the Country’s done for. You will therefore permit me to repeat, emphatically, that Scrooge was as dead as a door-nail.
“I wear the chain I forged in life,” replied the Ghost. “I made it link by link, and yard by yard; I girded it on of my own free will, and of my own free will I wore it.”
Ebenezer Scrooge would never forget those words told to him by the ghost of his former business partner Jacob Marley. Even after his own death in 1866, Scrooge remembered every work as he tugged on his own chains in Limbo. However, Scrooge’s chains were not as long as Marley’s and his stay in the place between life and death not as long. Scrooge changed in a single night in 1834 thanks in great part to the help of Marley and three additional spirits – those of the past, present and future.
Do you have what it takes?
- Join your host Vince Wilson on an adventure into mystery as we unravel a tale of murder and unfinished business with some help from a spirited friend!
- Speak with the ghost of Ebenezer Scrooge as he brings to light the tale of murder and intrigue to free a spirit of a young woman, murdered before her time.
- Find clues left by the ghost of Mary Christopher, murdered at the young age of 20 and unable to depart the physical plain until we discover the how and why of her death!
- Conduct experiments of a supernatural sort that involve the past, present, and future!
- Time itself will seem to bend as we seemingly read minds, bring objects from the past and look into the possible future!